We've just released the Mod edition of IA! You'll now be able enjoy other user's mods, or create your own to share! You can find everything you need below!
0.1 Alpha Modder Edition - Changelog (5/15/19)
You can download the Mod Edition from the public builds download link below!
- Added some modding support! It is highly recommended that you play the original game without modding support instead of this version first.
Here's what you can do in this version:
- Add new characters with their own scenes and a gift to buy points with them with
- Add new locations
- Add scenes to preexisting characters
It is not planned to add an example for a new minigame or adding a character to a preexisting minigame.
- Example mods are in the game/images folder and this where you will be putting any mods you or other makes. They should be in their own folders for organization. By example I really do mean example, they're only there for to give you an idea of what you should/can do and provide somewhat of a template.
You will still need at least basic renpy and python coding knowledge.
Example mods are:
- Jamnut, a new character that is just janet color swapped
- Example new scene, a very basic new example scene for simoen
- Example new zone and location, very basic examples for a new zone and a new location
You need to enable the mods in the options menu first before they will work in-game
- It's extremely important that you study the game's code in order to make mods. The purpose of the example mods is to give you a headstart, but it won't make up for not knowing how to code or not studying the game's code enough.
- I recommend you look at the examples and have your mods work by being enabled first in the options.
- It's highly recommended you do not try to edit the original scripts and instead try to extend them. If you want to edit preexisting scenes you can try something like this in your mod: https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/config.html?highlight=override#var-config.label_overrides Also look up python decorators.
- New characters added by mods will require the player to advance time before they see them added to any location.
Below is a link that contains the following artwork assets from IA in PSD (Photoshop) format:
- All bust artwork and sprites in PSD format.
- All scenes for all characters in PSD format.
- All group scenes in PSD format.
- Other scenes (such as the introduction and title screen art) in PSD format
- Concept and unused artwork in PSD format.
You are free to use and modify this artwork for modding!